- Build data-driven recruitment and retention plans
- Develop and implement comprehensive diligent recruitment plans and programs
- Improve retention of foster, adoptive, and kinship families
- Learn about effective recruitment and retention practices from your peers
- Partner with community stakeholders to strengthen your recruitment and retention efforts
News and Announcements
May is National Foster Care Month! The Children's Bureau's National Foster Care Month website provides free resources focused on reunification for child welfare professionals, youth, birth parents, foster parents, caregivers, communities, and tribes. The NRCDR has also compiled ideas and strategies to help child welfare systems recruit, develop, and support foster parents who can support reunification.
This issue of E-Notes has information to help you prepare for National Foster Care Month in May and National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Pride Month in June.
Kinship caregivers are a preferred and increasingly sought placement option for children entering foster care. This issue of E-Notes provides ideas and tools for working with kinship caregivers.