Data-driven diligent recruitment webinar
Partnering and Prioritizing to Strengthen Your System’s Use of Data
View the recording of this one-hour webinar as a Flash file or on our YouTube channel. Also see a list of responses to questions that were raised by participants during the webinar (PDF - 140 KB).
- Share strategies and resources for partnering between child welfare program staff and data division staff;
- Discuss important resource family data elements to collect and analyze to help you understand the effectiveness of your family recruitment, development, and support, and share ideas about different possible approaches to begin collecting and understanding this data;
- Highlight a real example from Arizona, a state child welfare system that is demonstrating the power of a strong partnership between data and program staff to inform data-driven recruitment efforts; and
- Offer suggestions for useful tools to support your child welfare system’s efforts to use data to guide your recruitment strategies and implementation.
- John McInturf, Consultant with the NRCDR at AdoptUSKids
McInturf is experienced in the use of data to improve child welfare outcomes and is one of the developers of two new NRCDR resources on using data effectively for recruitment, which will be discussed in this webinar.
- Stephen Kibler, Acting Recruitment Manager, Home Recruitment Study and Supervision Liaison, Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS)
Kibler develops and sets standards and methods for home recruitment study and supervision to optimize the statewide recruitment of quality foster and adoptive families.
- Roxann L. Miller, Home Recruitment Marketing and Communication Specialist, Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS)
Miller serves as DCS liaison to the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Department.
- Lucas Murray, Senior Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst for the Arizona Department of Economic Security
Murray is the GIS consultant for the Arizona Department of Child Safety and develops maps and reports in support of foster home recruitment.
- PowerPoint presentation (PDF – 3.5 MB)
- List of responses to questions that were raised by participants during the webinar (PDF - 140 KB)
- NRCDR webpage on using data
- Data-Driven Recruitment: Key Data Elements on Foster and Adoptive Families (PDF – 487 KB)
- Speaking the Same Language: Understanding Multiple Meanings of Terms Used by Child Welfare Program and IT/Data Staff to Support Diligent Recruitment (PDF – 147 KB)
- NRCDR webpage on diligent recruitment
- Diligent Recruitment Navigator
- Using the Diligent Recruitment Navigator Effectively (PDF – 78 KB)
- 2010 Diligent Recruitment grantees