Webinar: Bringing Your Diligent Recruitment Plan to Life
Ideas and Tools to Support Comprehensive Diligent Recruitment Planning and Program Implementation
Thursday, September 24, 2015
2:00-3:30 p.m. EDT / 1:00-2:30 p.m. CDT / 12:00-1:30 p.m. MDT / 11:00 AM-12:30 p.m. PDT
Moving from having a diligent recruitment plan to a dynamic, comprehensive diligent recruitment program can be challenging, but it’s crucial for helping child welfare systems improve permanency and placement stability for children and youth in foster care. This webinar will emphasize the benefits of implementing an active, comprehensive diligent recruitment program and ideas for how to build a diligent recruitment program in your child welfare system.
On this webinar we will:
- Describe what is involved in a comprehensive diligent recruitment program;
- Highlight the importance of moving from having a written diligent recruitment plan to having a diligent recruitment program that you continue to assess, develop, and revise based on data, feedback loops, and shifting needs;
- Hear from a leader in a state child welfare system about her experiences developing and implementing diligent recruitment approaches;
- Discuss considerations for diligent recruitment plan development and implementation in tribal child welfare systems; and
- Highlight tools and resources that can support your diligent recruitment planning and implementation, including our customizable Diligent Recruitment Navigator and other materials to support your effective use of data.
While this webinar is open to all audiences, it may be of particular interest to managers, supervisors, and staff working in the following areas: foster care and adoption programs, recruitment, data and continuous quality improvement, and Title IV-B, and Title IV-E.
The National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment
Alicia Groh, MPP, is a consultant with the National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment (NRCDR) at AdoptUSKids, with more than 17 years of experience in the child welfare field. In her work with the NRCDR, she provides tailored capacity-building assistance to multiple states, tribes, and counties, as well as being the lead writer for new publications, website content, and tools to support comprehensive diligent recruitment. She has extensive knowledge of child welfare programs, laws, policies, and funding streams, along with change leadership, change management, and implementation science.
Amy Martin is the permanency program manager for the Missouri Children’s Division with responsibility for adoption, foster care and older youth programming. Amy has been working in the field of adoption and foster care recruitment for over 20 years of her career with the Missouri Children’s Division. She is responsible for development of Missouri’s diligent recruitment plan and has found the Diligent Recruitment Navigator very helpful in this process.
- Webinar PowerPoint Presentation (PDF – 551 KB)
- What Is Diligent Recruitment? (PDF – 164 KB)
- Diligent Recruitment Navigator
- Using the Diligent Recruitment Navigator Effectively (PDF – 78 KB)
- Using the Diligent Recruitment Navigator to Support Implementation and Ongoing Program Improvement (PDF – 225 KB)
To access additional tools and resources and ideas from the field, visit the Diligent Recruitment section of the NRCDR website.Read more news